Sunday, December 17, 2006

Turning 30

I finally turned 30 this last week and it was the first birthday I felt old. I am now 30. 30! I have blossomed to a wonderfully heavy 260 pounds and have never been fatter. I guess that is why my wife got me some time with a personal trainer starting last Saturday.

Happy Birthday, you are going to the gym tomorrow.

I am not upset or embarrassed by this gift. The truth is I need it. I want to stay somewhat healthy for the next thirty years and right now nothing fits, nothing looks good, I am tired after walking up stairs and I am flat out not healthy.

The trainer I worked with at Lifetime Fitness started out by “working out my mind.” We needed to visualize the goal. The goals are three:
Get my fat body to 200 lbs.
Be a happy, healthy husband (3 points for alliteration)
Be successful in my church callings.

He then had me go through exercises in how I am going to get there. Ultimately he had me schedule my ideal day.

5:00 am: Wake Up.
5:15 am: Work out.
6:00 am: get ready for work
6:30 am: get to Trax
7:15 am: be at work
7:20 am: Spiritual Development
8:00 am: Work
4:30 pm (or 6:00 pm): go home
6:00 pm: Time with wife and kids (keep TV off)
8:30 pm: enjoy my wife’s company
10:30 pm: Go to bed.

I’m supposed to take notes on how that schedule is going and we will discuss it next week.

I did some core training with my wife and the class and let me just say I can barely walk and my back is extremely sore.

No comments: