Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A New Low and that Stupid Bunny

I completed another treadmill half marathon on Saturday and after the run I reached a new low in my weight loss (which is a good thing because you want your weight to be lower).

216.9

I still cannot believe it. I have not seen a number that low since I went to Peru in 1999. The only problem is all my clothes that just started fitting, are no longer fitting. They are too baggy. I guess that is a good thing.

As far as Easter Eating, let me preface by going over some "food" holidays and the havoc it causes my sweet tooth. Halloween is great but it is usually hit or miss. A lot of miss but when you hit (mini candy bars, full sized candy bars, etc) it is fantastic. How to avoid problems: do not go "trick or treating" and set a bowl of candy on your porch and not answer the door. Easy.

Christmas is not a problem because usually the Christmas candy is pretty cheap. It seems like most of it is held over from one year to the next or companies realize the last thing people want is expensive candy. How to avoid problems: eat one piece and realize the rest is not worth it.

Valentine's Day candy is too sugary. This one is easy to avoid.

Then there is Easter. For some reason, Easter candy (minus the horrendous Peeps) is fantastic. A lot of great chocolate usually mixed with caramel or some other gooey substance. I love it. I tell you this because I lost the battle over Easter weekend. I have not lost the war. It was nice losing for once.

1 comment:

Josh and Kristy said...

I just had a lady at work today tell me, have you lost weight because your pants look like they are going to fall off. Man it feels good.

Josh