Thursday, August 18, 2005

Week two…


Why is it whenever I start to work out I get sick? I either get a really bad chest cold or something. Fortunately I did eat healthy during the week, and did just fine.

Unfortunately…..

Vacation = Diet Killer!

I probably gained weight last week. Damn vacation! OH CANADA, WHY IS YOUR FOOD SO FAT!

That being said, let’s talk about the vacation.

We arrived in Canada late on Friday night and got to bed by 1:00 AM Saturday morning. The next day we visited Mrs. fuegote’s grandparents. Her grandparents own a couple of cats and their lovely house was covered in cat hair. Well I’m allergic and this is the start of my phlegm woes of the trip.

My family went to the zoo right after and I’m happy to say we didn’t see any humping monkeys. The Calgary zoo is a far cry from SLC’s Hogle Zoo. The animals look like they’re enjoying themselves (they had a painting elephant).

Sunday = family reunion. I like to look at this day as the day I started watching the EPL. After the reunion we traveled up to Banff.

Monday was spent on the golf course. Banff Springs is a beautiful course designed like the British courses across the ocean. The bunker’s are deep, the rough is very rough. I shot a 135 and enjoyed every second of it. One of the guys we were teamed up with gave me a whole new perception on golf. He was a Swede and he always goes golfing with his friend. After a particular shot where he sliced it into the short rough, he turned to my brother-in-law and I, and with a smile on his face he said, “Yaa, I always do that.” He goes golfing just to enjoy the outdoors and hanging with his pal. Good learning experience for me. So I didn’t mind the 135.



Monday night was spent trying to get over a cold that had now crept into my chest. Thank heavens for mentholatum. That stuff is amazing.

Tuesday we spent at Silvertip.

That course is more American in it’s greens and style. The item that sets this course a part from other courses I’ve been on is every tee is overlooking the shot and every view from the green is a spectacular view of the mountains.

Wednesday was spent at Lake Louise and hiking around. We came home Thursday. Wonderful trip, wonderful family. I’m glad to be back so I can start losing weight again.

No comments: